Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This Blog Expands outwards and in

Okay, So I said I wanted to do a blow by blow analysis of the Bane vs Batman first fight. I just don't have the energy for that anymore, so be it. Rest assured, eventually I'll care again. That is a four part analysis of the Dark Knight Rises which is more likely to become a ten part analysis of the entire trilogy.

In a side note, I did my best to re-watch Batman Forever the other day, but I couldn't make it beyond the ten minute mark. God that was terrible.

Today I decided that I would like to expand the content of this blog but also hone it. It is, after all, a work in progress.  I've made it clear in the past that I mostly am interested to present and review media which I truly like, and explain why, along with critiques of limitations and how they could have been improved, perhaps.  There's no dearth of reviews of garbage, so I want to focus only on those things that are super, duper, rocking.

In keeping with this as a general tone, I also feel its not ideal for me to focus on current material, not just yet at least.  What I'd like to do is create a pantheon on this site of all the awesome shit I love, and why I love it, with critiques of how it could be better, whats totally wrong with it that may be indicative of wider social problems the director or studio felt beholden to, etc. I'll cover Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Bach, Liszt,...  Anthony Hamilton, Michael Jackson, The Beatles, Radiohead,... StarWars, Nolan's Batman, Damon's Bourne, Thelma and Louise,... Smallville, Heroes, Walking Dead, Revolution... Coltrane, Coleman, Branford, So on.

What I have in front of me is a rather momentus task, but in the interest of creating a cohesive blog, which I will eventually transport to a wordpress type thing where I have a lot more design freedom, I will make short little blurbs about all of my favorites, not full blown reviews. Then I will go at the task of completing each blurb to full reviews.  It will be a wall of heroes, a fortress of solitude for you, dear reader.

Right on,

Ariel Elisha Leon 

No comments:

Post a Comment